Re: [Jewish Genealogy 2000] Re: Lyubcha and DNA

  • Ann Francesconi
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2004
      I just sent a sample of my Dad's DNA off to Family Tree DNA last week.
      I somehow missed the story. Can someone resend it? I am hoping that the
      database at Family Tree is large enough so that some clues will be shed into
      my dad's (and my) heritage.
      Ann

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 2004
        --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, "Ann Francesconi"
        <annf@u...> wrote:
        > I just sent a sample of my Dad's DNA off to Family Tree DNA
        last week.
        > I somehow missed the story. Can someone resend it?

        Sorry, which story do you mean?

        If you mean the "Jewish founding moms" article, I don't think it's
        that useful because it only covers the founding haplotypes for maybe
        half of the Jewish population. I think there are plenty of other
        people out there (me) who have types that are reasonably common
        within the Jewish community but rare outside the Jewish community
        that aren't covered in the founding moms article.

        One would hope that Family Tree DNA folks would come out with a
        better founding moms paper based on their database.