Lyubcha and DNA

  • breakdead16
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2004
      I read with interest A L Bell's story of his DNA and connection with
      Lyubcha. My family is also from Lyubcha. Having found a number of
      families from there, i am convinced we are related. (the women lost
      their identity when they married). There are a number of male
      descendents I know of, if anyone is interested in contacting them
      about possible DNA testing.

      Terri Bamberger
      Houston, TX
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2004
        --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, "breakdead16"
        <breakdead16@y...> wrote:

        > I read with interest A L Bell's story of his DNA and connection with
        > Lyubcha. My family is also from Lyubcha.

        I really recommend Family Tree DNA. Also: my cousin in Canada has
        found a good researcher in Belarus. I'm not sure how much the
        researcher really costs, but he is great about getting revision lists
        and things like that. I'll try to track down his contact info for you.
      • t b
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 11, 2004
          That would be great!

          thanks,

          terri bamberger
          --- allbell <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com,
          > "breakdead16"
          > <breakdead16@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I read with interest A L Bell's story of his DNA
          > and connection with
          > > Lyubcha. My family is also from Lyubcha.
          >
          > I really recommend Family Tree DNA. Also: my cousin
          > in Canada has
          > found a good researcher in Belarus. I'm not sure how
          > much the
          > researcher really costs, but he is great about
          > getting revision lists
          > and things like that. I'll try to track down his
          > contact info for you.

          Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
          www.yahoo.com
        • Ann Francesconi
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2004
            I just sent a sample of my Dad's DNA off to Family Tree DNA last week.
            I somehow missed the story. Can someone resend it? I am hoping that the
            database at Family Tree is large enough so that some clues will be shed into
            my dad's (and my) heritage.
            Ann

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/GvNolB/TM

            .

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 27, 2004
              --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, "Ann Francesconi"
              <annf@u...> wrote:
              > I just sent a sample of my Dad's DNA off to Family Tree DNA
              last week.
              > I somehow missed the story. Can someone resend it?

              Sorry, which story do you mean?

              If you mean the "Jewish founding moms" article, I don't think it's
              that useful because it only covers the founding haplotypes for maybe
              half of the Jewish population. I think there are plenty of other
              people out there (me) who have types that are reasonably common
              within the Jewish community but rare outside the Jewish community
              that aren't covered in the founding moms article.

              One would hope that Family Tree DNA folks would come out with a
              better founding moms paper based on their database.