Re: [Jewish Genealogy 2000] FREE OKINAWA

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2004
      --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, Crochetnyc@j... wrote:

      > What does this have to do with Jewish genealogy?
      >
      > Norma Yaskoir

      I came back to my group after being swamped with work for a few weeks
      and found the "Free Okinawa" posts.

      I deleted one, and I think I deleted the file (which was a link to
      a "Free Okinawa" Yahoo! group), but I left reference to "Free
      Okinawa" on this message board because it's political speech, as
      opposed ordinary spam, and I think that, within reason, people ought
      to be able to communicate unusual political ideas to a broad range of
      people.

      So, basically, new political speech policy:

      - No U.S. Republican/Democratic/Naderite politics, because those
      folks have plenty of ways to reach a mass audience.

      - No Arab/Israel politics, because, again, folks interested in those
      topics have many vehicles they can use to reach a mass audience.

      - People promoting other views can have one message on this board per
      year, up to a limit of about 2 political messages per month.

      - Exception: people can post anything they want here IF they include
      the names and some identifying information (birthplace, approximate
      age) of at least 3 Jewish relatives born before 1900.