Name searches

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2004
      Fish- from Poland came through Toronto then to NY
      Schulman- still not sure where originated my great grandfather was born in
      NY
      Goldman- Very generic hard to do research
      Tannenbaum- almost nothing known about this ancestor
      Grodnik- This may have been a name given upon immigration, not sure
      Ravenich- Little known about this name
      Koslovky- Lithuanian
      Kassel/Cassell- Russian possibly? Was told name was originally something
      like Koszus or something like that
      Glickstein- Russian?
      Bernstein- Russian?
      Any help or tips would be appreciated, even with how to get census info
      Brooklyn district info, immigration records, Toronto canada records, russian,
      Polish, Lithuanian records and how to get them etc...
      Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2004
        If you have no idea where else to starty, try sending $300 and a
        cheek cell sample to Family Tree DNA. You never know when you might
        hit a cool jackpot.