Family Tree

  • i_w_thomson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2003
      I am trying to find out about my Mother, her name was Malka
      Kornfield age 22, that was on the 2 November 1942
      All I have at the moment is her Marriage Certificate.
      She was married to my Father in the District Commissioner's Office
      in Haifa, his name was James Wallace Thomson a British Police
      Sergeant in Palestine.
      It also gives her Father as Abraham Kornfield Landowner, any
      information would be very helpfull.
      Thanks
      Ian Thomson
      Paignton
      Devon
      England
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 26, 2003
        --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, "i_w_thomson"
        <iw.thomson@v...> wrote:
        > I am trying to find out about my Mother, her name was Malka
        > Kornfield age 22, that was on the 2 November 1942
        > All I have at the moment is her Marriage Certificate.

        It looks from other sites as if you also have her death certificate,
        with place and date of death. Could you use that to track down an
        obituary and/or a city directory listing? Maybe you could use that to
        find out where she lived, and then try calling the neighbors.

        Also, I suspect you've already talked to the Jewish Genealogical
        Society of Great Britain, but, if not, here's the URL:

        http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2003-10/1065152245