Jerusalem 2004: International Conference on Jewish Genealogy

  • goldenjerusalem
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2003
      To genealogists like us, Jerusalem is the heart and soul of the
      Jewish People. Many of our relatives, yours and mine both,
      arrived here from far off shores, whether fleeing persecution
      or seeking a holier life. The city offers exciting
      opportunities to explore our roots. Jerusalem hosts Yad VaShem,
      The Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Authority, home of a
      world renowned archive and Hall of Names. Jerusalem also offers an
      impressive array of research and family history resources,
      including the Jewish National and University Library, the Central
      Zionist Archives, Sephardic and Mizrachi genealogical centers, and
      more. And to top it off (or to finish it off, if you prefer),
      Jerusalem is traditionally the site of the Last Coming, at The
      Mount of Olives Cemetery.

      Over the centuries, we Jews prayed and dreamt of Jerusalem. Now,
      in our lifetime, you and I have the opportunity to experience
      Jerusalem personally. Come join us at the 24th IAJGS
      International Conference on Jewish Genealogy, July 4-9, 2004. Come
      meet your Israeli cousins!

      Melody Amsel-Arieli