Thank you to Liel Baran

  • Alexandra Alznauer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2003
      Dear Liel,

      Thank you for the advice about the Israeli telephone
      directory. I had never thought about it although I
      use International directories all the time finding
      Alznauers. The problem is that I don't know what the
      married last names of the daughters and my only
      friends who read Hebrew are in Los Angeles not San
      Fancisco where I am.

      After I posted here I emailed the online Jerusalem
      Posst editors and they have not answered.

      And, yes, my family really published the Jerusalem
      Post and edited it and then Ted became the editor
      later. My great aunt and uncle raised funds in the US
      in hope of founding the state of Israel and they went
      to Palestine every year. Eventually they just lived
      in Israel and came back every year to the US to keep
      their citizenship. I have photos of Ida Lurie being
      honored in America for her prodigious fundraising.
      They were quite well known in Israel in their day.
      When I lived in Europe I met older Israelis who had
      known them while they were alive. They said everyone
      at a certain level of society and government knew
      Jacob and Ida Lurie.

      I just wish I could find their daughters and any
      grandchildren!

      Alexandra Alznauer
      petiealz@...

      http://calendar.yahoo.com