LAMET surname

  • ctribe94
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2003
      Many years ago, I've started to work on my genealogy.
      My surname, LAMET, comes from my jewish ancestors in Warsaw (Poland) in
      mid-19th/early 20th centuries. Before, I have no clue.
      I've found french LAMET, catholics, in mid 17th, dutch LAMET, protestants, in
      early 17th ; I've found LAMET in Spain, few in Germany, in Italy too.
      One theory would be that the LAMETs were Jews from Spain who migrated to
      Europe in the 15th century, but I have no proof of it at all.

      Besides that, I'm looking for parents, originally LAMET, all other the world.
      I've heard that some migrated from Poland to Argentina and Israel (re-named
      LANDE); others were RUBIN (from Warsaw) who are based in the U.S.A. and
      Argentina too.

      Any help regarding the surnames LAMET/RUBIN/WINKLER is welcome,
      anyway.
      Thank you very much!

      Best Regards,
      Christian