Re: [Jewish Genealogy 2000] Hello

  • Ethan G
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 17, 2003
      Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

      I know what children can do to free time, I have a 11 month old.

      How does one post to the JewishGen list?
      I am member of JewishGen, but I don't know where to post messages?

      Any help?
      Ethan

      --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, allbell <no_reply@y...>

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28, 2003
        JewishGen gives the rules at this URL:
        http://www.jewishgen.org/JewishGen/DiscussionGroup.htm

        Keep in mind that the moderators are very, very neurotic about
        sticking to the rules. So you'd better type surnames in CAPITAL
        LATTERS, put your city at the bottom, and suggest your relatives
        might have come from several different countries so that the
        moderators don't bounce your post and tell you (for example) to
        post to the Belarus SIG.

        --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, "Ethan G"

      • Ethan Gomberg
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 29, 2003
          I agree, JewishGen's list is moderated quite heavily, but its been very
          helpful so far.

          Is there anyone on this list doing research for the Ukraine,Russia area
          and/or Philadelphia?
          Those are my areas of research.

          Take care
          Ethan Gomberg
          Winter Garden FL USA
          Researching: RUSSAKOFF,GOMBERG,SCHULTZ,ROBERTS