RE: [Jewish Genealogy 2000] Re: Family History in Photos

  • fill4man@msn.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2002
      Hi,
      I was told that the family came to the US as "Mill" - later, it
      evolved to "Mills"......... Alot of the first names & places
      match......
      My uncle is named for an aunt "Henna" (I saw a "Hennya" there
      somewhere) - but nobody is sure who "Henna" was.....(???)
      I noticed a "Kossova" & "Grodzenskaya", which is where my
      Epstein grandfather came from - Kosow Poleski (Kossovo) in
      Grodno Gubernia, which they referred to as "Grodzenskaya"..
      Leib Millman & Leib Mill may have been named for the same
      person (I don't know enough before Boston Harbor to really
      know one way or the other - that's really what I'm trying to
      find out - maybe someone out there will recognize us)
      :)