Re: Inquiry for Moderators/Owners

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2002
      --- In jewishgenealogy2000@y..., "Joel E. Natt" <nattjo@y...>
      wrote:
      > I would like to know the policy on posting files and other items
      that
      > are Jewish Genealogy related.

      a) You can post any type of file that the Yahoo! system will let you
      post. As far as I know, I've set the group permissions so that you
      can post any type of file that Yahoo! allows. If you find out that I've
      messed up and failed to give a necessary permission, email me
      at allbell@... to let me know that you need help.

      Note: I just had a little 5 pound 15 ounce addition to my family
      tree, so my response time might not be as fast as it ought to be.

      b) Personally, I really like text files. All other things being equal, I
      think a plain old text file is usually better than a PDF file or
      (unless you're communicating with true hard core genealogists)
      a GEDCOM file.
    • Joel E. Natt
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2002
        Albert:

        First congratulation on the new born child.

        Second thanks for the information on the files.

        Joel