Inquiry for Moderators/Owners

  • Joel E. Natt
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2002
      I would like to know the policy on posting files and other items that
      are Jewish Genealogy related.

      I ask cause I just got the newest Family tree maker and can not
      generate PDF files, so I would like to share a little and hopefully
      get some assitance as I search for information in the cities of Lodz
      Poland and some other locations in Eastern Europe.

      Joel
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2002
        --- In jewishgenealogy2000@y..., "Joel E. Natt" <nattjo@y...>
        wrote:
        > I would like to know the policy on posting files and other items
        that
        > are Jewish Genealogy related.

        a) You can post any type of file that the Yahoo! system will let you
        post. As far as I know, I've set the group permissions so that you
        can post any type of file that Yahoo! allows. If you find out that I've
        messed up and failed to give a necessary permission, email me
        at allbell@... to let me know that you need help.

        Note: I just had a little 5 pound 15 ounce addition to my family
        tree, so my response time might not be as fast as it ought to be.

        b) Personally, I really like text files. All other things being equal, I
        think a plain old text file is usually better than a PDF file or
        (unless you're communicating with true hard core genealogists)
        a GEDCOM file.
      • Joel E. Natt
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2002
          Albert:

          First congratulation on the new born child.

          Second thanks for the information on the files.

          Joel