Re: Anyone searching for ancestorys in Georgia about 1912,

  • nattjo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2002
      I found the interesting. Considering that I had a distant cousin in
      the Savannah area with the last name Morris. Accoriding to records
      he was a hemit and died alone. The state awarded his estate to
      someone else and I could never prove closer family ties, but I have
      not given up.

      Anyway On the subject of Georgia, my fathers family comes from
      their. The Alexander's & Schaul's of Savannah and they can trace
      their ties to the founding of the temple. Yet the records are lost
      for the time prior to the mid 1860's due to some fires and floods.
      The temple itself has an extensive record and so does the Historical
      society in downtown Savannah.

      Joel