mtDNA paper

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 8:34 PM
      I have a copy of the Thomas team's Jewish mtDNA (mom line DNA) paper
      that was described in the New York Times this past Tuesday.

      If you haven't had your mtDNA tested, the stuff in the paper won't
      mean anything, but, if you have had your mtDNA tested and you want to
      know whether your pattern is in the paper, send me one number from
      your pattern (i.e., difference from the plain vanilla sequence at
      position 343, or whatever), and I'll give you information about the
      patterns in the Thomas team paper that include that number.

      That way, I'm not violating the team's property rights by posting the
      whole paper on the Web, but you can get info pertinent to your mtDNA
      type without having to give me your whole type.

      My own type is differences at 111, 223, 235 and 362. If you have this
      pattern, I'd be thrilled to hear from you!