Re: Still looking for Bial,von Bieberste

    Message 1 of 465 , Jan 21, 2002
      >Bial <br><br>I forget whether you mentioned
      this surname before, or whether your surnames were all
      necessarily Jewish, but there's a Y chromosome DNA project
      for people with the surname Beal or Bell. This seems
      to be oriented toward people who are Scottish, but
      maybe it will draw in Beals from other ethnicities. So,
      if you can find a patrilineal descendant of your
      Bials willing to send a cheek swab to Family Tree DNA,
      maybe you could get some interesting genetic
      evidence.<br><br>In theory, I could participate, too, but I know for
      certain that my great-grandfather changed his name to
      Bell, from Sivak, when he came to the United States, so
      there's not much of a chance that my Bells are related to
      another Bells.
      Message 465 of 465 , Sep 13, 2003