Re: List of Surnames and Regions

    Message 1 of 465 , Oct 23, 2001
      >.Malisoff....Loyev, Minsk Gubernia<br><br>a)
      You probably already answered this, but what was the
      last name of the person who married the
      Goldkleit?<br><br>b) My Rozovksky, Dobrinsky, Rudoi, Serebryannyj, and
      Milyavskij families came from in or around Loyev. As far as
      I can tell, they were mitnagdim, but I could be
      wrong.<br><br>I don't think mine were Cohanim, but a lot of
      Rozovskys are Cohanim, so maybe mine messed things up by
      marrying divorcees or something like that.<br><br>Many of
      mine seemed to come to the United States around 1903
      to 1910, when riots erupted in southeastern
      Belarus.<br><br>Trades included gardening, baking, long-distance coach
      driving, tailor, and something to do with lumber.
      and Sima/Silvia.
      Message 465 of 465 , Sep 13, 2003