Re: Ancestry Has 1910 Census Images

  • digging4roots
    Message 1 of 465 , Oct 16, 2001
      When I cancelled my subscription to the census
      database, it was because of the lack of an index. When
      asked why I was cancelling, and told the person, I was
      told ancestry would eventually be indexing all the
      census ... but they don't know when. So, for now, I
      prefer to stick to the old fashioned method. Using the
      soundex. For 1910, I use the city directories. Most of
      these contain ED descriptions which are sufficient. If
      not, always ask the FHC volunteer. Chances are there
      is an index to the ED's by street name or some other
      organization. Some are easier to use than others.
      Message 465 of 465 , Sep 13, 2003