Ancestry Has 1910 Census Images

    Message 1 of 465 , Jul 16, 2001
      Ancestry
      that lets you see scanned U.S. census images online.
      It includes, for example, the 1910 census, which
      would probably be the first census that would have
      picked up a lot of Jewish folks' immigrant
      ancestors.<br><br>The main problem is that you have to know pretty much
      where your ancestors lived, and, unless you already
      have a census map, you will have a hard time finding
      the census sheet images of interest on the Ancestry
      site. But I think the database is a really cool
      database, nonetheless, and much easier to use than
      microfilm.<br><br>Also: Ancestry may seem a little mercernary with what
      it charges, but it seems to me that, in general, its
      charges are very reasonable in comparison with the costs
      of collecting and formatting the information it
      supplies.
      Message 465 of 465 , Sep 13, 2003