KISS (Witz) and Dr. Ruth (Siegel)

    Message 1 of 465 , Jun 23, 2001
      The Forward (the wonderful English language
      version of the venerable Yiddish newspaper) has a couple
      of articles in the current issue that include a
      review of a book about Jewish adults who spent their
      early years in Nazi Germany. The article mentions that
      Dr. Ruth Westheimer's origil name was Carola
      Siegel.<br><br>There's also a profile of Gene Simmons, one of the
      founders of the demonic-looking rock group KISS, who was
      born in Haifa, then attended a yesivah in New York
      after his parents divorced. Simmons' original name was
      Chaim Witz. He later become Gene Klein. (Maybe after
      his mom remarried??)
      Message 465 of 465 , Sep 13, 2003