Jewish Seven Footers? Twins?

    Message 1 of 465 , Mar 31, 2001
      I just found out that one woman in my
      Rose/Rozovsky family, which lived in Southeastern Belarus and
      was probably extensively intermarried with the Rudo,
      Dobrin/Dobrinsky, Miller and Sklar families, probably had
      7-foot-tall twin sons back in Russia.<br><br>These sons would
      have been my 4-times-great uncles. They would have
      been the great uncles of the well-known cellists
      Leonard Rose and Frank Miller. (Leonard and Frank were
      first cousins, and they were also first cousins of my
      great-grandmother, Mary Rose/Rozovsky Rudo, 1888-1976.)<br><br>I
      assume the uncles probably had some kind of unusual
      genetic trait, like acromegaly, or maybe a combination of
      some unusual genetic susceptibility along with
      exposure to something in the environment that triggered
      rapid growth.<br><br>Anyhow, if anyone is still
      stopping by here and knows about any giants who lived in
      southeastern Belarus, or anywhere else in Europe, for that
      matter, I'd love to hear about it.
      Message 465 of 465 , Sep 13 6:34 AM