French Jewish Genealogists - family line Loret and Chasteau

  • Meg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2010
      So I've done quite a bit of research on my family tree. I have found one known Jewish line so far and numerous could be's.

      My difficulties lie in the fact that most of the lines I'm working on are french. Just looking for other researchers hoping to share each others info we've all accumulated over time.

      Right now I am working on my matriarchal lines.

      Would like to touch base with other people who are working or who have knowledge of French lines.

      the line I am currently stuck on is:
      Marin Loret who married Jeanne Chasteau
      the info I have is on their daughter Jeanne Loret b. 25 Jan 1626 in Bergeres-les-Vertus, Marne, France

      The known Jewish line in my family is Elie Juiellineau, if anyone is searching for this line. I probably have a few more lines I'm just not aware of yet.
    • donna poissant
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2010
        meg my husbands people Poissant Dit Lasselette they cam ocer in 1535 from
        France via Canada they came originally from the Marne valley near the German
        Austrian bourder the Alsence region. That might help. About the 1800's they
        split their name and took either Poissant or Lasselette and spread out over the
        Canadian countryside. About 1910 my husbands side started migrating towards the
        New England states. If that is any help go to it . One of his nice relatives in
        Canada sent me 12 generations. Good luck. Start with yourself and go back. My
        jewish relatives stop at 1935.