Re: [Jewish Genealogy 2000] Surnames - Glatt/Hammer/Bier/Scheer/Ratner and others.

  • donna poissant
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10 6:01 AM
      Carra welcome to the club of DEAD ends. Great at least you know the name on the other side of the world. My grandfather left my grandmother in Belarussia( white Russia at the time ) because she did not want to leave her parents whom I assume were elderly. She and her youngest son stayed behind and left for england. The story goes she wound up in prison with her young son and he was sent to Siberia some how made it to the US in the 50s. GMa Died in Prison of TB ( but it could have been anything. ) One day by accident I came across what I thought where their names the only male and female who looked like mother and son. So good luck.
      Donna