Introduction

  • Ben Rapp
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      I'm starting off trying to find family from Chernowitz;

      Names are:

      Sinnreich
      Rarrenbach
      Rappaport

      TIA,
      Ben
    • Ben
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2008
        My name is Benjamin Rappaport.
        Excuse me for the previous email. It must of have been late at night when I
        sent it. I would like to take this opportunity to properly explain my
        search.

        I am looking for any information on:
        My paternal side;

        1) Grandfather – Israel (Surl) born Oct 1881 - Zastawna, Northern
        Bukovina.
        2) Grandmother - Frieda (Frime) Sinnreich born Aug 1881 - Wischnitz near
        Czernowitz.
        Both were deported to Ghetto Litzmannstadt. I have Yad Vashem info about
        them.
        Israel Rappaport's parents were;
        3) Benjamin Rattenbach_ all further info unknown.
        4) Elka Rappaport_ all further info unknown.

        Grandmother - Frieda (Frime) Sinnreich_ all further info unknown.

        My maternal side;

        5) Grandfather - Siegmunt (Sigmund) Appel born Jan 1896 - Vienna, Austria.
        Siegmunt (Sigmund) Appel father was Zalman – mother was Mathilde
        _ all further info unknown.

        6) Grandmother - Leonie Silberstein born May 1897 - Jordanów, Poland
        On her tombstone written "Lea, daughter of Rav Yacoov" _ all further info
        unknown.
        7) My step grandfather - Sigmund Ellend born Sep 1892 - Tarnów,
        Dolnoslaskie, Poland.

        I would appreciate any information or suggestions on how to proceed.
        Thank you in advance,
        Benjamin Rappaport
        Israel