Town in Russia - Rarshoff (?) Help please

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2008
      I have just found out that gggfather was born in Rarshoff, Russia, but
      I cannot find this place anywhere. I have done every search I could
      think of - nothing.

      Father's name - ANDERT,Jacob (born ??, Germany)
      Mother's name - HILDEBRANDT, Julia (born ???, Germany)
      Son is - ANDERT, Joseph, born March 17, 1888 in Rarshoff, Russia
      Married - ALTSCHULER, Celia - (born Nevel, Russia)

      Any ideas about the town of Rarshoff?

      Thanks
    • donna poissant
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2008
        This is Kap check the Jewish Genealogy website or the
        genealogychatfriends@ yahoo.com
        kap
        --- Linda <lhendri479@...> wrote:

        > I have just found out that gggfather was born in
        > Rarshoff, Russia, but
        > I cannot find this place anywhere. I have done
        > every search I could
        > think of - nothing.
        >
        > Father's name - ANDERT,Jacob (born ??, Germany)
        > Mother's name - HILDEBRANDT, Julia (born ???,
        > Germany)
        > Son is - ANDERT, Joseph, born March 17, 1888 in
        > Rarshoff, Russia
        > Married - ALTSCHULER, Celia - (born Nevel, Russia)
        >
        > Any ideas about the town of Rarshoff?
        >
        > Thanks

        > (Yahoo! ID required)

        mailto:jewishgenealogy2000-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Linda
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2008
          --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, donna poissant
          <kapala_43@...> wrote:

          > This is Kap check the Jewish Genealogy website or the
          > genealogychatfriends@ yahoo.com

          Hello Kap - I will definately check the genealogychatfriends@...

          Thanks for the information - Appreciate it

          Linda