JewishGen.org - another source

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
      I have added this for several reasons:
      First - there may be people who do not know about this site and may
      want to sign up for it. It is free and very good

      Second - this is great information

      Sign up now for value-added services at
      http://www.jewishgen.org/JewishGen/ValueAdded.asp
      EARLYAMERICAN Digest for Sunday, June 01, 2008.

      1. Colorado resources

      Subject: Colorado resources
      From: Marion & Henry Bernstein <hlb@...>
      Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 00:50:45 -0500

      Dear Early American SIG-ers:

      I have just returned from a trip to Denver sponsored by the American
      Jewish Archives. I have some web sites that might be of interest to
      you:

      jewishleadville.org
      This site has the names of all early Jewish settlers during the
      mining boom years. There's also lots of useful information about
      Jewish organizations and shuls/temples that existed.

      www.penlib.du.edu/specoll/Beck/index.cfm
      The Ira M. Beck Collection at the Penrose Library, University of
      Denver. You can browse pictures of early Jewish settlers and access
      the records of the Jewish Consumptive Relief Society. There is a
      link to the Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society.

      I also wanted to mention a new book, primarily photos, about the
      Jewish history of Denver and other Colorado communities: "Jewish
      Denver, 1859-1940." It was written by Dr. Jeanne Abrams, who is the
      head of the Beck Collection. Published by Arcadia Publishing, 2007,
      ISBN 978-0-7385-4829-6.

      Marion Hattenbach Bernstein San Antonio, TX
    • Rarose11@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
        Is there any query or message boards for surnames,given names in Yahoo--I
        have several names that I have been working on for ten years and have brick
        walls that do not want to be broken. If not can we start with that idea.

        _http://www.jewishgehttp://www.jewishttp://www.htt_

        From: Marion & Henry Bernstein <_hlb@..._ (mailto:hlb@...) >
        Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 00:50:45 -0500

        Dear Early American SIG-ers:

        I have just returned from a trip to Denver sponsored by the American
        Jewish Archives. I have some web sites that might be of interest to
        you:

        jewishleadville.jew

        www.penlib.du.www.penlib.dwww.penlib.www
        The Ira M. Beck Collection at the Penrose Library, University of
        Denver. You can browse pictures of early Jewish settlers and access
        the records of the Jewish Consumptive Relief Society. There is a
        link to the Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society.

        I also wanted to mention a new book, primarily photos, about the
        Jewish history of Denver and other Colorado communities: "Jewish
        Denver, 1859-1940." It was written by Dr. Jeanne Abrams, who is the
        head of the Beck Collection. Published by Arcadia Publishing, 2007,
        ISBN 978-0-7385-4829-IS

        Marion Hattenbach Bernstein San Antonio, TX

        Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

      • Alan Gold
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
          please check out more jewish genealogy listings at:

          http://www.jewishinternetsites.com