Re: [Jewish Genealogy 2000] Re: I'm New

  • Rarose11@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
      Thank you for your offer of help for I have several brick walls in my
      research.I will get back to you.

      48)

    • Alan Gold
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 10, 2008
        welcome to the list.
        also, if you want some great links to jewish genealogy, check out:

        http://www.jewishinternetsites.com

        zaida34 <zaida67@...> wrote: Sorry for late reply I was down sick.
        No only for Taub sorry.
        Bob
        --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com,
        Rarose11@... wrote:

        > I am not related to you.There is one question that I would ask you.I
        notice
        > that you are looking for traub.My maiden name is Weintraub-so I am
        wondering
        > if that name you are researching was at one time Weintraub!
        >

        > **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 11, 2008
          --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, Alan Gold <wojjis@...> wrote:

          > welcome to the list.
          > also, if you want some great links to jewish genealogy, check out:

          One thing to keep in mind is that this is a really small group. I
          think the thing to do is to try to make contacts on JewishGen,
          Ancestry message boards, etc., then come here when you want to hold
          actual conversations without worrying about whether you've dotted
          every I and crossed every T necessary to get past the moderators.

          Example: I started this group because 95 percent of the messages I
          tried to post to JewishGen got bounced. The last straw was when I
          tried to post a Belarusian Jewish DNA question, and it was bounced
          because DNA testing was ruled as being irrelevant to Jewish genealogy.
          Then, a few months later, JewishGen announced its relationship with
          FamilyTree DNA, and genetic genealogy suddenly was relevant to
          JewishGen mailing lists. Argh.

          Anyhow: if anyone here wants moderator powers, just ask. I've tried
          making a bunch of people moderators. My only request would be that, if
          you have the power to delete messages, you just delete ad spam and
          that sort of thing, not people into Jewish genealogy who also want to
          talk about the World Series or a giant hurricane or something of
          interest that's a bit off-topic.