Re: [Jewish Genealogy 2000] I'm New

  • zaida34
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
      Sorry for late reply I was down sick.
      No only for Taub sorry.
      Bob
      --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com,

    • Rarose11@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
        Thank you for your offer of help for I have several brick walls in my
        research.I will get back to you.

        48)

      • Alan Gold
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 10, 2008
          welcome to the list.
          also, if you want some great links to jewish genealogy, check out:

          http://www.jewishinternetsites.com

          zaida34 <zaida67@...> wrote: Sorry for late reply I was down sick.
          Rarose11@... wrote:

          > I am not related to you.There is one question that I would ask you.I
          notice
          > that you are looking for traub.My maiden name is Weintraub-so I am
          wondering
          > if that name you are researching was at one time Weintraub!
          >

          > **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 11, 2008
            --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, Alan Gold <wojjis@...> wrote:

            > welcome to the list.
            > also, if you want some great links to jewish genealogy, check out:

            One thing to keep in mind is that this is a really small group. I
            think the thing to do is to try to make contacts on JewishGen,
            Ancestry message boards, etc., then come here when you want to hold
            actual conversations without worrying about whether you've dotted
            every I and crossed every T necessary to get past the moderators.

            Example: I started this group because 95 percent of the messages I
            tried to post to JewishGen got bounced. The last straw was when I
            tried to post a Belarusian Jewish DNA question, and it was bounced
            because DNA testing was ruled as being irrelevant to Jewish genealogy.
            Then, a few months later, JewishGen announced its relationship with
            FamilyTree DNA, and genetic genealogy suddenly was relevant to
            JewishGen mailing lists. Argh.

            Anyhow: if anyone here wants moderator powers, just ask. I've tried
            making a bunch of people moderators. My only request would be that, if
            you have the power to delete messages, you just delete ad spam and
            that sort of thing, not people into Jewish genealogy who also want to
            talk about the World Series or a giant hurricane or something of
            interest that's a bit off-topic.