Re: [Jewish Genealogy 2000] family names in Vilna, Grodno, Minsk, Opole, Ostr...

  • donna poissant
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      look in the Imgration books at the library. If Your
      library doesn't have any they can borrow them from the
      National Archives.
      i only know stories about the Uncles coat and that
      grandfather was a comodities merchant buying from
      farmers before their crops where grown.
      kap
      --- Rarose11@... wrote:

      > I saw Goldman that you are researching-I have a
      > Mollie Goldman who was born
      > in Lutsk around 1845. Her married name is Weintraub.
      > That is all I know except
      > she immigrated 1905. Can you tell me about your
      > relative?

      > removed]
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > (Yahoo! ID required)

      mailto:jewishgenealogy2000-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
        Sadly, I do not know much about my great great grandfather or how he came to america. I
        have vague details I believe he arrived in the US just after the turn of the century with family.
        Possibly from Grodno.
        --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, Rarose11@... wrote:

        > I saw Goldman that you are researching-I have a Mollie Goldman who was born
        > in Lutsk around 1845. Her married name is Weintraub. That is all I know except
        > she immigrated 1905. Can you tell me about your relative?
        >

        > **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

      • Alan Gold
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 16, 2008
          check out the jewish genealogy listings on:

          http://www.jewishinternetsites.com

          Mike <mikefish2@...> wrote: Sadly, I do not know much about my great great grandfather or how he came to america. I