Belarus

  • JHRG of Belarus
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2007
      Hello Kap,

      Documents for people that were repressed during the
      Communist Regime are kept in the KGB Archive. Some
      years ago a new law was adopted in Belarus. According
      to this law relatives of the repressed people can look
      through these documents. Also they can copy these
      documents. It is desirable to write an enquiry to
      their address in Russian. If you want to do it – we
      will send you address of this archive and also we will
      help you to translate a letter into the Russian
      language – free of charge.
      Also we are always happy to help people who want to
      visit Belarus especially places closely connected to
      their ancestors’ life. At the disposal of our group
      there is whatever is necessary for the trip to pass
      well.

      Best regards,

      Yuri Dorn
      Coordinator of Jewish Heritage