942Re: [Jewish Genealogy 2000] Re: BelaRusse Family Tree

  • donna poissant
    Dec 14, 2006
      Bribing the guards to look the other way.
      Carry a nice basket of roast meat and home baked
      bread. The guards could smell it and off the relative
      would go behind the guards in the woods. I just go a
      listing of records from one of the other genealogy
      people in Jewish Genealogy
      Donna grand daughter of Sarah and Jacob
      --- abell07030 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, "kap"
      > <kapala_43@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > How do you find out about the post revolution
      > exidis from the area
      > > especially when the borders closed in 1910 or so.
      > > I know the Comunists kept excellent records as did
      > the Nazis though not
      > > for public knowledge.
      >
      > I guess the WWII records are available from Yad
      > Vashem or the U.S.
      > Holocaust Memorial Museum, and the newer records
      > might be concealed by
      > privacy laws.
      >
      > For WWI to WWII records:
      >
      > To U.S. -- Ellis Island records.
      >
      > To South Africa, South America and Australia and
      > other countries that
      > received the emigrants -- look under the names of
      > individual countries
      > and regions at
      > http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/
      >
      > Also, it looks as if the Mormon Family History
      > Center in New York has
      > emigration records for many countries other than
      > Russia/Soviet Union:
      > http://www.jgsny.org/fhc.htm
      >
      > Maybe you could try calling them to ask who you call
      > in the big Mormon
      > genealogy library in Salt Lake City to ask why they
      > don't have
      > emigration records for the former Soviet Union.
      > Maybe someone there
      > could at least tell you where the records are
      > located.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > (Yahoo! ID required)

      mailto:jewishgenealogy2000-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com