- Jul 16, 2003--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "Ethan G"
> I am a new member.Those are great places to start. Some other possibilities:
> I was wondering where the best places to do research were on the
> I know of ancestry.com, familysearch.org and jewishgen....
- http://www.avotaynu.com (or .org, forget which) - Jewish genealogy
- http://www.google.com - Great place to search for rare Jewish
surnames. Try lots of different spellings. If you get too many hits,
try adding one or more of these terms: gedcom, "family tree," father,
rabbi, pogrom, hitler, jewish, shtetl, chasidic. Chances are that, if
you're in the United States, Googe and the JewishGen Family Finder
will show you that you have long-lost relatives in South America,
Australia and/or South Africa.
- http://www.vivisimo.com - Like Google, but it divides the results
into easy-to-use folders. Good if you get way too many hits through
- http://www.martindale.com - Directory of U.S. lawyers. Good for
looking up rare names just to see if anyone out there has your name.
- << Previous post in topic