1104Re: New Guy with his DNA R1A1 and last name search

  • sellenberg@sbcglobal.net
    Nov 4, 2009
      Hello,

      In my family search (ELLENBERG, WALLACH, SCHRENZEL) I have come across a number of ELLENBERG's who in fact immigrated from the Galicia area of Poland( Tarnopol), to Canada. I have not come across any PACHAL's. I will however, keep this surname in mind,and will forward any relevant information that I find.

      Good luck in your family search.

      Sharon Ellenberg

      --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, "wilby_56" <wilby_56@...> wrote:

      > I have been searching my family history for a while and I am looking for more info.
      >
      > Last name PACHAL
      >
      > My grandfather and his 6 brothers came to Canada from Prussa around 1860 when Germany was about to attack the country. One brother went back to fight against the Germans and was killed in action. There is a lake named after him in Saskatchewan Canada.
      > Another brother started a Lutheran Church in that area out in western Canada.
      >
      > BUT this DNA results I recently had done talks alot about a Jewish heritage --the subject had come up before.
      > They lived in Prussia and spoke German.
      >
      > I am R1A1 any thoughts about our name from anyone? We can not seem to find much info.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic