Re: [jenniferholden] Re: [kathyandelvis] Sandi Pichon

  • MemphisConnie
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2005
      June i got this from another group and thought i would copy and send
      Subject: Word from Sandi Pichon - member in Louisiana - by way of Kathie
      Bryson

      Hello all,
      Much to my relief I heard from Sandi this morning. She and Stanley are in
      route to her brother's home in Florida ( area unaffected) so that they will
      only be 10 hours away when they are allowed into their home area.
      FYI.. Sandi lives 30 miles north of New Orleans in a town called Slidell.
      unfortunately they live right between Lake Pontchartrain and Pearl River,
      both which are up and flooded, therefore she knows her home is most likely
      gone. She is unable to read or hear much about their area as the media focus
      is on New Orleans.
      She sounds so sad but is fighting to be strong. We both talked about the
      frustration that many people are voicing, where is the rest of the world
      when we are in crisis?She begs folks, especially the great Elvis fans to
      send whatever you can to the Red Cross.
      At a later time, I will talk with Jean about possibly starting a fund for
      Sandi. I know she would not ask for our help ( we both have that pride
      thing), but she would be the first one to help if it were any of us.
      For now, keep her in your prayers and I will keep you updated as she
      contacts me.
      Hugs to all,
      Kathie