Terri Schiavo, gone but not forgotten.

  • Ronald Sibley
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2005
      Blank
       I received this today and wanted to pass it along to anyone and everyone that I thought would do the same.  It's lengthy but informing.
      Loxi

      Did you feel like everyone was against you, when you stood up for Terri Schiavo's life?

      It seems like all of the polls leading up to the forced starvation to death of Terri Schiavo made it appear Americans had formed a consensus in favor of ending her life. In report after report after report, the mainstream media hammered into our heads that "a majority of Americans think Terri Schiavo's feeding tube should remain out so she can be starved to death," and "by a 25-point margin opposes a law mandating federal review of her case."

      The media is STILL using those numbers to attack conservatives and Republicans in Congress who led the fight to save Terri's life.

      But guess what? It turns out those poll questions were BIASED against Terri. Big surprise, right? The questions posed by the ABC News poll, for example, portrayed her as having "no consciousness" and being on "life support," rather than an awake, responsive patient with a feeding tube -- which she was.

      "Schiavo suffered brain damage and has been on life support for 15 years," the poll informed respondents. "Doctors say she has no consciousness and her condition is irreversible." WHAT? That's what this whole dispute was about -- the disagreements among EXPERTS over her condition. Not to mention, she was NOT on "life support," and her family gave evidence of her "consciousness" over and over again!

      And now, Steven Ertelt at LifeNews.com reports that a new Zogby poll with fairer questions shows the nation clearly supporting Terri and her parents and wanting to protect the lives of other disabled patients. For example, the Zogby poll found that, if a person becomes incapacitated and has not expressed their preference for medical treatment, as in Terri's case, 43% say "the law presume that the person wants to live, even if the person is receiving food and water through a tube" while just 30% disagree.

      The poll asked another question: "If a disabled person is not terminally ill, not in a coma, and not being kept alive on life support, and they have no written directive, should or should they not be denied food and water?" A whopping 79% said the patient should not have food and water taken away while just 9% said yes.

      In addition, the poll also lent support to members of Congress who passed legislation seeking to prevent Terri's starvation to death and help her parents take their lawsuit to federal courts.

      Respondents were asked, "When there is conflicting evidence on whether or not a patient would want to be on a feeding tube, should elected officials order that a feeding tube be removed or should they order that it remain in place?" In response, 42% said it should be ordered to remain in place and only 18% said the feeding tube should be removed.

      And finally, when asked directly about Terri's case and told the her estranged husband Michael "has had a girlfriend for 10 years and has two children with her," 56% of Americans believed guardianship should have been turned over to Terri's parents while only 37% disagreed.

      So, are we now hearing apologies from the mainstream media for reporting biased polling results? Are we seeing the REAL poll results from the UNBIASED polling that shows how the majority of Americans REALLY felt on this issue?

      NO. The media have refused to report on this. So, it's up to YOU AND I to FORCE them to report it. And it will only take you a minute or two to do it.

      TAKE ACTION: We've set up our site so that you can send messages to YOUR local media -- newspapers, television, radio, etc. -- DEMANDING that they report on the BIAS of the original polls, and that they report the results of the new UNBIASED polling that shows that the majority of Americans do in fact agree with what we tried to accomplish in working to save Terri Schiavo's life.

      You can only send to five local media sources at a time, but feel free to use our pre-written form repeatedly to FORCE the media to DO THEIR JOBS and report the FACTS -- Click below NOW:

      http://www.rightmarch.com/040505a.htm

      NOTE: Be sure to send this Alert to EVERYONE you know who wants to help DEMAND that the mainstream media report the FACTS about polling in the Terri Schiavo case. Thank you!

      Sincerely,