MID-WEEK CHARTS

  • Charmaine Jensen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      MID-WEEK CHARTS

      Can Elvis get his 22nd Number One
      this Sunday?

      Elvis Presley looks like he could make it four chart-toppers in five weeks, with “Are
      You Lonesome Tonight?”.

      Mid-week sales show that it is outselling its nearest competitor Brian McFadden &
      Delta Goodrem by almost three copies to one. Eminem’s ”Like Toy Soldiers” is also
      set to debut within the top three.

      Elvis’ single “A Fool Such As I” drops to #23, and on the Album chart Elvis’ “Love
      Elvis” is a new entry at #13, but Sony/BMG state that they feel it will go Top 10 by the
      end of the week as the major advertising push is geared towards that.

      HOWEVER, the Number One spot is no certainty at this time due to SONY/BMG
      announcing that there will be no more copies shipped to retail until next week as they
      feel they have shipped enough. But with under 21,000 copies sold, over 30,000
      produced but NONE on the shelves, we have to ask WHERE ARE THE MISSING
      9,000 copies of 'Are You Lonesome Tonight'?

      TOP THREE SELLERS SO FAR
      01 (NEW) Elvis - Are You Lonesome Tonight - 20,532 copies
      02 (NEW) Bryan McFadden and Delta Goodrem - 'Almost Here' - 6,666 copies
      03 (NEW) Eminem - 'Like Toy Soldiers' - 6,200 copies

      The remaining Top 10
      04 (NEW) Bloc Party - So Here We Are
      05 (02) Ashanti - Only You
      06 (03) Ciara - Goodies
      07 (01) Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
      08 (NEW) Duran Duran - What Happens Tomorrow
      09 (05) Chemical Brothers - Galvanize
      10 (04) One World Project - Grief Never Grows Old New
      Source: - http://www.elvis-express.com/midweek2.html
    • Charmaine Jensen
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2005
        Here are the three challengers for the No:1 spot on Sunday's UK Singles Chart:

        (1) Elvis - AYLT - 25,903 copies
        (2) Eminem - Like Toy Soldiers - 17,253 copies
        (3) Bryan McFadden/Delta Goodrem - 'Almost Here' - 17,070 copies

        However, sales of the Eminem single are expected to pick up tomorrow. Therefore, I
        would urge everyone to hit the stores tomorrow to try and get a few extra copies of
        the Elvis single.

        But I had been around Brighton today and can confirm that Virgin has 5 vinyl copies
        of Lonesome Tonight but no CD's of this or Now or Never
        They said that they have been trying to get more copies of Lonesome Tonight but
        have had no luck.

        'Love Elvis' is currenly No.10 in the UK album charts having sold 13,437 copies.