Can you afford Christendom?

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 1, 2004
      I posted this awhile ago, but now seems like a good time to do it
      again.

      Money Money Money!! On their websites they ask for money. On their
      radio shows they ask for money. On their T.V. shows they ask for
      money. If you write to them with a question they send the answer back
      with a request for money. You attend church services and they pass
      around a collection plate. Why do they not just set a box somewhere
      for voluntary donations? It's so everyone can see how much you
      donate, and make you feel quilty if you don't put in enough. And they
      don't only pass the plate once? No. They do it two, three, and
      sometimes even four times during one service. Then they want you to
      buy their books, magazines, tapes, cd's, tracts, postcards, ties,
      buttons, necklaces, tie clips, lapel pins, braclets, movies, decals,
      symbols to but on the trunk of your car, bumber stickers, hats,
      coffee mugs, coasters, posters, candles, comics books, t-shirts,
      candles, sandals,
      statues, Bible covers, book marks, refridgerater magnets, and
      thousands of other worthless trinkets. Walk into your local Bible
      book store, watch their T.V. shows, listen to their radio programs,
      or visit their websites, and see for yourself. They say it's to
      support their ministry. Well when they decide to send a missionary
      somewhere he/she must pay their own way, and supply their own Bibles
      and literature, or find someone to sponser them. They do print
      Bibles, but then they sell them. Many groups give out free Bibles,
      but only because someone donated EXTRA to buy them so the ministry
      can give them out. I can't comfirm it, but i've heard that some
      churches have even installed pay toilets. Donate money, and they'll
      send you a little bobble. Donate money, and they'll put your name on
      their wall of faith. Donate the most money and they'll bring you on
      stage so all can see what a faithful person you are. Donate enough,
      and they can afford that extra condo in Maui, and a new Cadillac just
      off the showroom floor. Makes you think of the old country western
      song "Would Jesus wear a Rolex on his television show?" Compare the
      humble sight of Jesus riding into Jerusalem on the back of an ass to
      the men and women you see on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. That
      is if you can afford to watch the show. It'll probably go pay-per-
      view soon.
      -Rob
    • apostonaut
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 4, 2004
        Hi there tb2003,

        YOU SAID:
        "Did you know that the Jewish nation was Jehovah's Organization in
        the Hebrew Scriptures (OT)? The Jews were required to comply to His
        organization."

        And the New Covenant is the blood of Jesus.

        Which Covenant are you in?

        Kind regards,

        Ap.

        --- In