Re: [Jehovah's Witnesses Gathering] Bowman and Stafford and their discussion and debates on Jesus

  • eternity39us
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2009
      Hello Donn:

      I do not think doctrine plays to much of a role anymore. Are you speaking about doctrine that pertains to what a specific church believe? Churches have many doctrines.

      I still believe in the writings and teachings of the Holy Scriptures inspired by God. This is THEE doctrine.

      All other doctrines outside the inspired Holy Scriptures of God, are man made.

      --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, donn reese <tlkreese@...> wrote:

      > Let's open this to the Group-
      >
      > What role does doctrine play anymore and how do you determine the historicial Jesus.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Donn
      >

      > ________________________________

    • donn reese
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2009
        Hi T,

        I think you are right in many respects. Christianity is evolving as Judaism and other religions have evolved with more social and environmental concerns taking presidence over the old Creeds.

        Robert Bowman, an evangelical minister, had written a critique of Greg Stafford's new book, Greg was a Jehovah's Witness and has since moved on as founder of the Christian Witnesses of Jah fellowship.  Robert and Greg had a series of debates on the Trinity and Predestination a few years ago.

        Regards

        Donn

        ________________________________
        I do not think doctrine plays to much of a role anymore. Are you speaking about doctrine that pertains to what a specific church believe? Churches have many doctrines.

        I still believe in the writings and teachings of the Holy Scriptures inspired by God. This is THEE doctrine.

        All other doctrines outside the inspired Holy Scriptures of God, are man made.

        --- In jehovahswitnessesga thering@yahoogro ups.com, donn reese <tlkreese@.. .> wrote:

        > Let's open this to the Group-
        >
        > What role does doctrine play anymore and how do you determine the historicial Jesus.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Donn
        >

        > ____________ _________ _________ __

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 24, 2009
          --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, donn reese <tlkreese@...> wrote:

          > Let's open this to the Group-
          >
          > What role does doctrine play anymore and how do you determine the historicial Jesus.
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Donn

          It is my belief that doctrine still plays a critical and vital role. Our doctrines are essentially what it is we believe, so while some shrink from using the word, I see no reason too.

          I determine the historical Jesus from the available evidence that we do in fact of Him.

          Jim