Re: [Jehovah's Witnesses Gathering] Re: Jerusalem 607?

  • Steve Klemetti
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 6:20 AM
      The 70 years ended when Daniel in Dan 9 discerned the end of the as per
      the application
      of Jeremiah's statement.

      Dan 9:1

      In the first year of Da·ri′us the son of A·has·u·e′rus of the seed of
      the Medes, who had been made king over the kingdom of the Chal·de′ans; 2
      in the first year of his reigning I myself, Daniel, discerned by the
      books the number of the years concerning which the word of Jehovah had
      occurred to Jeremiah the prophet, for fulfilling the devastations of
      Jerusalem, [namely,] seventy years.

      This was the first year of Darius and it was around the end of the 70
      years. That was in 538. Daniel discerned when the end of the 70 years
      was and it was close to when Darius
      became king in 539 so the ending was in 537