Why?

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 3, 2008
      Why, Why, Why ,
      Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries
      are getting dead?

      Why do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they know
      there is not enough money?

      Why does someone
      believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when
      you say the paint is wet?

      Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?

      Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

      Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you
      throw a revolver at him?

      Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

      Whose idea was it to put an 'S' in the word 'lisp'?

      If people evolved from apes,
      why are there still apes?

      Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles
      are always white?

      Is there ever a day that mattresses
      are not on sale?

      Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that
      something new to eat will have materialized?

      Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their
      vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it
      down to give the vacuum one more chance?

      Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first
      try?

      How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?

      When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a
      shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, 'It's all
      right?' Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, 'That really
      hurt, why don't you watch where you're going?'

      Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling
      off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

      In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer
      when we complained about the heat?

      How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?

      And my FAVORITE......
      The statistics on sanity is that one out of every four persons are
      suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
      friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

      ~~~Now send this on to your friends and make them smile too!~~~

      By the way, my three best friends say they are fine. Guess where
      that leaves me?

      Mark
    • Darrell
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 7, 2008
        --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "Jim"
        <warrior_of_the_sword@...> wrote:

        > --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, Steve Klemetti
        > <sklemetti@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Jim wrote:
        > > > If people evolved from apes,
        > > > why are there still apes?
        > > >

        > > > Have you ever asked an "athiest" this question?
        > > >

        > > Because not all apes evolved higher.
        > > Some mutated and on and on, but others did not.
        > >

        > I see our resident athiest replied :-D

        Although we didn't exactly evolve from Apes, it is thought that we
        and Apes have a common Apelike ancestor. A small group of these
        Apelike creatures became isolated and eventually evolved into Humans,
        while another group evolved into today's Apes.

        It also must be noted that the Theory of Evolution does not insist
        that the original group must become extinct.

        Darrell