Re: [Jehovah's Witnesses Gathering] Re: kingdom of God- heaven or earth?

  • Steve Klemetti
    Message 1 of 74 , Aug 1, 2008
      Teresa wrote:
      > Some believe that John the Baptist was Elijah who came before Jesus.
      > Matthew 16:14

      You misread the Bible.

      Matt 16:13 "Jesus went asking his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son
      of man is?” 14 They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E·li´jah,
      still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

      Some said that Jesus was John or Elijah or Jeremiah or other prophets.

      So they must have had some belief that a prophet would come back as a
      fulfillment of
      Deut 18:15 " A prophet from your own midst, from your brothers, like me,
      is what Jehovah your God will raise up for you—to him YOU people should
      listen—"

      And Deut 34:10 " But there has never yet risen up a prophet in Israel
      like Moses, whom Jehovah knew face to face, 11 as respects all the signs
      and the miracles that Jehovah sent him to do in the land of Egypt to
      Phar´aoh"
    • Teresa
      Message 74 of 74 , Aug 16, 2008
        That is the way I receive the teaching too. That heaven and earth
        will be the same.

        Teresa

        --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "Jim"