Re: [Jehovah's Witnesses Gathering] Re: False Prophets.

  • Steve Klemetti
    Message 1 of 51 , Feb 1, 2007
      Teresa wrote:
      > --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, Steve Klemetti
      > <sklemetti@...> wrote:
      >
      > TERESA WRITES:
      >
      > Steve,
      >
      > I have publications, cd materials, and I even attended meeting where
      > Christians were talked about. I just give you one example, they say
      > we believe in a three-headed God. If you need me to show you proof
      > of their negative teachings regarding Christians, I can show it to
      > you.

      Why are you talking to me about what "they" said?

      That is what I don't get. Talk to me about what "I" say.

      Well, do you believe in a 3 headed God?

      We don't have negative teachings regarding Christians, we do not believe
      that others are Christian.

      > Moses, did not say anything that was untrue.

      Sure he did. Matt 19:7,8 Why, then, did Moses prescribe giving a
      certificate of dismissal and divorcing her?” 8 He said to them: “Moses,
      out of regard for YOUR hardheartedness, made the concession to YOU of
      divorcing YOUR wives, but such has not been the case from [the] beginning.

      > The Pharisees wanted to know was it lawful to put away your wife for
      > EVERY CAUSE.
      >
      > Matthew 19:
      > (Jesus is saying)
      > 9And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be
      > for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and
      > whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
      >
      > Jesus is saying to them that a one time the way to get a divorce was
      > for fornication.
      >
      > Moses did not say anything that was untrue. The Pharisees wanted to
      > know why Moses gave a divorce certificate and Jesus answered them by
      > saying:
      >
      > 8He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts
      > suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was
      > not so
      >
      > A divorce does not give a person the right to remarry except if the
      > divorce was for fornication. There are other reasons given in the
      > Bible when a divorce would be granted, but still you can not remarry
      > unless you have put away your spouse for fornication and of course if
      > ones dies, you are free to remarry.
      >
      > So Moses did not do anything that was not in accordance with what is
      > written in the scriptures.

      Moses went against what God had originally set up. He made a concession
      for the people.
      But that did not make his religion wrong. That is the same was the
      publication writers may have
      made concessions for the people in being too eager for the end as in
      looking to dates but that
      does not make the religion wrong.

      > Remember the discussion was who is a prophet and Moses was given for
      > example of a prophet. Moses did not speak a thing in the name of God
      > that was untrue.

      So, what does that have to do with us other than that you attack
      Jehovah's Witnesses?

> [...]
      >>
      >>> Steve,
      >>>
      >>> I think the WT should be examining themselves closely instead of
      >>> publishing things about Christians that are untrue.
      >>>

      >> They do not do that.
      >>

      >>> A prophet is one who speaks for God. Moses is considered to be a
      >>> prophet.
      >>>

      >> Moses said untrue things. At the water in the Rock and in Matt 19
      >>
      > when
      >
      >> he gave divorce
      >> certificates.
      >>

      > > The WatchTower Bible Tract Society has made the claim that they
      > speak
      >
      >>> for God. They have claimed to be the only channel of
      >>>
      > communication
      >
      >>> that God uses today.
      >>>

      >> And thus should be the case for all Christians, but they don't do
      >>
      > that.
      >
      > NO STEVE, CHRISTIANS DO NOT SPEAK NOR TEACH FROM
      > COMMENTARIES ...PRIVATE INTERPRETATIONS OF MEN LIKE THAT OF THE WT
      > MAGAZINES AND PUBLICATIONS. WE SPEAK DIRECTLY FROM THE PAGES OF THE
      > WRITTEN WORD OF GOD THE BIBLE.
      >

      >> Each one of Jehovah's
      >> Witnesses is a prophet in that we speak God's word the Bible.
      >>

      > EVERY JEHOVAH'S WITNESS IS A PROPHET THAT SPEAKS THE WT
      > PUBLICATIONS. JW'S ARE GROUNDED AND ROOTED IN THE TEACHINGS THAT ARE
      > IN THESE PUBLICATIONS. AND THESE TEACHINGS DOES NOT EXPOSE THE FULL
      > TRUTH THAT IS IN THE BIBLE AND OFTEN-TIMES THE TEACHINGS ARE TAKEN
      > OUT OF CONTEXT.
      >
      >>> The question is...is the WatchTower the organization that God is
      >>> speaking through today?
      >>>

      >> The WTBTS is the printing facility that God uses for printing to
      >>
      > his
      >
      >> people. That is for sure.
      >>

      > THE PRINTING IS ALREADY DONE. IT IS CALL THE BIBLE. THIS IS THE
      > PUBLICATION THAT GOD HAS GIVEN FOR HIS PEOPLE. THAT IS FOR SURE.
      >
      >>> We also know from time past, that this organization has spoken a
      >>> thing that did not come to past on more than one occasion.
      >>>

      >> Sure, we don't deny that.
      >>

      > THAT'S UNDERSTANDABLE.
      >
      >>> What is your explanation for that and do you believe today that
      >>>
      > the
      >
      >>> God communicates with the WT organization when the Bible teaches
      >>> something totally different about his way of communication?
      >>>

      >> I do not believe that there is a WT organization.
      >>
      >> I believe that Jesus communicates to the congregations but not
      >> individually but in totallity.
      >>

      > STEVE SO IN OTHERWORDS, YOU BELIEVE JESUS IS SPEAKING TO THE
      > CONGREGATIONS OF THE WTBTS AS A WHOLE, BUT NOT TO YOU PERSONALLY?
      >
      > HOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND THESE WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST?
      >
      > John 10
      > 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
      >
      > 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
      > neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
      >
      > John 14:3
      > 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and
      > receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

    • donn reese
      Message 51 of 51 , Feb 5, 2007
        We welcome any discussion on a Verse from Scripture
        and a comparison on how various translators have
        rendered those passages.

        If there is some article in one of the journals you
        would like to discuss we are more than willing to
        engage in that discussion as well.

        Whenever you are ready please let us know.

        IRENE AGAPE
        In Christ

        Donn

        mailto:jehovahswitnessesgathering-digest@yahoogroups.com

        mailto:jehovahswitnessesgathering-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ Yahoo! Groups
        > Links* To visit your group on the web, go to:

        > Your email settings: Individual Email |
        > Traditional* To change settings online go to:

        > (Yahoo! ID required)* To change settings via
        > email:

        mailto:jehovahswitnessesgathering-digest@yahoogroups.com

        mailto:jehovahswitnessesgathering-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com*

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/