Re: [Jehovah's Witnesses Gathering] Mark RU OK?

  • alanna garth
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 4, 2006
      Mark,
      RU OK? You havent stopped by in awhile. Is
      everything ok?

      Cheap talk?
      http://voice.yahoo.com
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 6, 2006
        --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, alanna garth
        <pokealanna@...> wrote:

        > Mark,
        > RU OK? You havent stopped by in awhile. Is
        > everything ok?

        I'm here. I usually check the board at least once a day. I don't
        always have time to reply but I do check in.

        Everything is well, thank you for asking.

        ______________
        > Cheap talk?
        > http://voice.yahoo.com

      • alanna garth
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
          ok, good. Havent seen much posted here lately so just
          checkin in. :)
          Glad all is well with you.
          --- Mark <superbird_fan@...> wrote:

          > --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com,
          > alanna garth
          > <pokealanna@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Mark,
          > > RU OK? You havent stopped by in awhile. Is
          > > everything ok?
          >
          > I'm here. I usually check the board at least once
          > a day. I don't
          > always have time to reply but I do check in.
          >
          > Everything is well, thank you for asking.

          > ______________
          > > Cheap talk?
          > > Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call
          > rates.
          > > http://voice.yahoo.com

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com
        • alanna garth
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
            Mark/Donn/Steve/Ryck
            I am curious...what scriptures do you feel show that
            the Son is inferior to the Father in nature, thus
            disqualifying Jesus from being God.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • donn reese
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
              The word inferior is not used in Scripture with
              reference to Jesus with his Father. Only in Hebrews
              chapter One is a related term used of Jesus with
              reference to the incarnation 'he was made lower than
              the angels'. Christ's glory is in ascension, paul
              states that in this ascension of glory he is Subject
              to the Father always, 1Cor.15:27,28.

              In Christ

              Donn

              --- alanna garth <pokealanna@...> wrote:

              > Mark/Donn/Steve/Ryck
              > I am curious...what scriptures do you feel show that
              > the Son is inferior to the Father in nature, thus
              > disqualifying Jesus from being God.

              > protection around
              > http://mail.yahoo.com

              http://new.mail.yahoo.com
            • alanna garth
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                Donn,
                You and I seemd to basically, when broken down, agree
                on this. We both agree that the Father has a greater
                position as head (1 Co 11:3), but share the same
                nature as the Son..Correct?
                --- donn reese <tlkreese@...> wrote:

                > The word inferior is not used in Scripture with
                > reference to Jesus with his Father. Only in Hebrews
                > chapter One is a related term used of Jesus with
                > reference to the incarnation 'he was made lower than
                > the angels'. Christ's glory is in ascension, paul
                > states that in this ascension of glory he is Subject
                > to the Father always, 1Cor.15:27,28.
                >
                > In Christ
                >
                > Donn
                >

                > --- alanna garth <pokealanna@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Mark/Donn/Steve/Ryck
                > > I am curious...what scriptures do you feel show
                > that
                > > the Son is inferior to the Father in nature, thus
                > > disqualifying Jesus from being God.

                > > protection around
                > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                > beta.
                > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

                Have a burning question?
              • donn reese
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                  Yes essentially. There are some of the finer points
                  to be made with regards their Eternality and Power
                  Source, for those characteristics the Bible reserves
                  the title 'Almighty' for YHWH but Hebrews 1 does say
                  that Christ is the 'exact image of the Father'.

                  --- alanna garth <pokealanna@...> wrote:

                  > Donn,
                  > You and I seemd to basically, when broken down,
                  > agree
                  > on this. We both agree that the Father has a
                  > greater
                  > position as head (1 Co 11:3), but share the same
                  > nature as the Son..Correct?
                  > --- donn reese <tlkreese@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > The word inferior is not used in Scripture with
                  > > reference to Jesus with his Father. Only in
                  > Hebrews
                  > > chapter One is a related term used of Jesus with
                  > > reference to the incarnation 'he was made lower
                  > than
                  > > the angels'. Christ's glory is in ascension, paul
                  > > states that in this ascension of glory he is
                  > Subject
                  > > to the Father always, 1Cor.15:27,28.
                  > >
                  > > In Christ
                  > >
                  > > Donn
                  > >

                  > > --- alanna garth <pokealanna@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Mark/Donn/Steve/Ryck
                  > > > I am curious...what scriptures do you feel show
                  > > that
                  > > > the Son is inferior to the Father in nature,
                  > thus
                  > > > disqualifying Jesus from being God.

                  > > > protection around
                  > > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  > > beta.
                  > > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

                  > Have a burning question?
                  > Go to www.Answers.yahoo.com and get answers from
                  > real people who know.

                • alanna garth
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                    hmm, I think the key point that breaks down much
                    communication between "Trinitarians" and
                    "NonTrinitarians" is the definition of the word
                    Trinity. WOuld you agree?

                    Want to start your own business?
                    Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                    http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                  • donn reese
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                      Yes, the word was developed or first used by one of
                      the early Church Fathers. Pre and Post Nicea there
                      were and are several versions of the formal Trinity
                      doctrine: Orthodox, Coptic, Catholic, Protestant.
                      Much of the language in the Eastern Orthodox Trinity a
                      Witness would actually find themselves in agreement
                      with since their definition emphasizes the distinction
                      between Father and Son more than the Western Creeds
                      do.
                      'The Son proceeds from the Father'.

                      You read in the old Studies in the Scriptures written
                      by Russell that he uses trinity as the tri-unity
                      between the Father, Son and Holy spirit emphasizing
                      the complete harmony and purpose they have in the
                      Divine Plan of Redemption.

                    • Teresa
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                        JESUS CHRIST IS ALMIGHTY GOD

                        Christians are monotheists, believers in ONE GOD. "I am He. Before Me
                        there was no God formed and there will be none after Me. I, even I,
                        am the LORD and there is no Savior besides Me." ( Isaiah 43:10,11)
                        See also Isa. 44:6, 8; 45:22,23 and 46:9. There is only ONE God by
                        nature-- all others are man-made (Galatians 3:20 and 4:8) See also
                        James 2:19.

                        Since there is only ONE God allowed in Scripture, if Jesus is called
                        GOD, He is that one GOD.
                        Jesus is called "Almighty God"- Revelation 1:8, with Rev. 22:20.
                        Jesus is called "the true God" in 1 John 5:20.

                        Teresa

                        --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, donn reese

                        ______________

                        ______________

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                          Greetings Teresa,

                          Translations like the Red Letter King James do render
                          Almighty in Rev. 1:8 as applying to Jesus, many other
                          translations apply the title to God the Father and
                          follow the proscription in verse one 'This is the
                          revelation given by God to Jesus Christ...'. The same
                          is true with 1 John chapter 5. 'We know that anyone
                          who has been begotten by God does not sin, because the
                          begotten Son of God protects him.....WE know the Son
                          of God has come, and has given us power to know the
                          true God, We are in the true God as we are in his Son
                          Jesus Christ. This is the true God.' vs18-20 Jerusalem
                          Bible.

                          El Shaddai or God Almighty was YHWH, he was the
                          Covenant Keeper to the Chosen People the Israelites.
                          Christ Jesus is the Covenant Keeper for the New
                          Covenant. He receives his Power, authority and
                          Lordship from God the Father-see John 5 'For the
                          Father, who is the source of life, has made the Son
                          the source of life, and, because he is Son of Man, has
                          appointed him supreme judge' 'I do nothing of myself,
                          i can only judge as I am told to judge'vs26-30. The
                          whole chapter is excellent in detailing the Christ our
                          Saviour's glorification from The Father.

                          Hebrews 1 shows the likeness and the distinction
                          between The Father and the Son our Covenant Keeper.

                          In Christ

                          Donn

                        • Teresa
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 10, 2006
                            To be in God is to be in Christ. 1 John 5:20

                            1 Corinthians 3:23
                            And you are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

                            ______________
                            > Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know.
                            > Ask your question on www.Answers.yahoo.com

                          • donn reese
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 10, 2006
                              Yes, I agree completely with the Scriptures cited.

                              Donn

                              === message truncated ===

                            • alanna garth
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 11, 2006
                                Donn
                                Where can I get a Jerusalem, or New Jerusalem Bible?
                                I cant find any! What is better, the originial, or
                                the new?

                                === message truncated ===

                                http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                              • donn reese
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 11, 2006
                                  My wife has found ours at Estate sales here in town.
                                  I like the big 20 lbs. version of The Jerusalem Bible
                                  with all the footnotes but the regular verson is good
                                  also. If there are used book stores in your town you
                                  might find one there. Doubleday is the publisher so
                                  you might be able to order one from them.

                                  Donn

                                  === message truncated ===

                                  http://new.mail.yahoo.com