New Look

  • Ryck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006
      I see the group has a new look. What happened?
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006
        --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "Ryck"
        <odracyr@...> wrote:

        > I see the group has a new look. What happened?

        Hello Ryck, how are you?

        A couple of weeks ago Mindy changed the home page of the group
        looking for a new owner. She gave Jim ( warrior of the sword) and
        myself joint ownership. Since then, in an effort to improve the
        group, most of the more objectionable "posters" have been removed,
        objectionable links and files have been deleted.

        I have included the file Rules for the Group.

        Thank you.

        Mark

        THE RULES

        Members are not to remind or tell the moderators of the rules on this
        page. Moderators may however, remind the members.

        Complains about how the moderators are running this forum, and/or
        about decisions they have made are to be addressed only through e-mail
        to the moderator(s) in question. If need be, we may apply the
        principle about taking two or more witnesses, one of which is to be
        another of this groups moderators.

        The Group owners will be referred to as a moderator, since the
        moderators are to be a team.

        Nobody is allowed to publicly comment on official moderator
        disciplinary actions.

        Personal vendettas are not to be carried out in posts to the group.
        Any such post will be deleted and the posting member will be placed on
        moderated status.

        Group members are to hold themselves to the highest standard of
        conduct, and that includes not posting anything from here to another
        forum without the written (typed) permission of the poster or posters.
        Problems with any member need to be addressed to that member first,
        and then to the member, with witnesses if the problem is not resolved.
        Gossip in any form will not be tolerated, so please do not post in
        here, from other forums without first obtaining permission from those
        comments you wish to post. This also applies to those who view this
        groups messages, but are not members.

        In all posts, you must post in a manner that agrees with your claim of
        being a Christian. This means respect and courtesy. Posts that are in
        violation of this will be deleted and the offender will be placed on
        moderated status.

        "Name calling" may be allowed, depending upon the context and the
        nature. Name calling just to be name calling will not be tolerated
        and posts containing
        such will be deleted and the offending member will be placed on
        moderated status.

        Using a slang of any member's name will not be tolerated, and such
        posts will be deleted and the offending member placed on moderated
        status.

        Hit and run posting is not allowed. Such activity will result in the
        poster being banned from the group.

        ALL group members profiles need to be filled out. Unfilled profiles
        will result in one of three forms of Moderator action. You will
        either be placed on moderated status, have your posting rights
        removed, or you yourself will be removed from the group.

        ******Please note that these rules are not engraved in stone and
        that they may be modified as time goes on.******
      • Ryck
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006
          --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "Mark"
          <superbird_fan@...> wrote:

          Hello Ryck, how are you?

          I'm doing good. I came back recently from a two week vacation. I
          hope you are doing well.

          A couple of weeks ago Mindy changed the home page of the group
          looking for a new owner. She gave Jim ( warrior of the sword) and
          myself joint ownership. Since then, in an effort to improve the
          group, most of the more objectionable "posters" have been removed,
          objectionable links and files have been deleted.

          Mindy returned? How often I tried and tried to email her to ask for
          her help or even to offer my help. Even to ask for at least
          moderating authority because it was so out of hand in here at times.

          It got to the point that the trolls were simply too much. I'm glad
          the clean-up is underway. It was long overdue. :)

          I have included the file Rules for the Group.

          Thanks. I like. :)

          .r.
        • Jim
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
            Welcome back Ryck. Good to see you posting again.

            Jim

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 8, 2006
              --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "Jim"