Re: Digest Number 577

  • Ryck
    Message 1 of 93 , Nov 1, 2003
      --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "Ed"
      <iaboyeah@y...> wrote:

      The JW say it was michael, orthodox christianity say God was
      manifest in the flesh.

      In pre 4th century Christianty, God was monotheistic and unitarian.
      And that "God so loved the world that", He didn't send Himself, but,
      rather, "He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him
      should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send
      His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world
      through Him might be saved." (John 3:16,17)

      .r.
    • Barb
      Message 93 of 93 , Nov 5, 2003

        > Finally if you R, believe that Jesus was the first one Jehovah
        > created before He created the earth and that Jesus is a separate
        > individual who was a man and a great teacher. Than you R, believe
        > as the Arian's believe of the fourth century their beliefs were
        > drawn from non-christian philosophy. You are not even a Christian.
        > Please read my post on Arianism.
        > >>

        > I don't believe in Arianism. And I am a Christian because I believe
        > in Jesus Christ, his teachings, and salvation through him from God.
        >
        > Peace
        >
        > .r.

        Do you understand the faith and belief of the Christian
        Thomas in John 20:28 who proclaimed to Jesus;
        "My Lord and my God" (?)

        Barb
        Blessed & Saved by the anointing of the Holy Spirit \o/