FW: [Jehovah's Witnesses Gathering] Re: Jesus IS God or God's Son????

  • Van Zyl Pieter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1 4:16 AM
      Hi believer,

      I just wanne tell you you should never think your Questions is strange
      or inappropriate. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.
      Anyone reading your messages can clearly see that you are confused and
      need guidance. Any true follower of God will be more than willing to
      answer any question you have. You said yourself that you've posted
      messages at other groups as well and what answers did you get compared
      to what you got from Martin. I'm also as confused as you are, maybe even
      more. I'd also like to know the answers to the questions you posed
      below and I'm sure we'll find it here. I also have so many questions
      that needs answering.

      You see, I grew up as a Christian, but until recently I never really
      studied the bible and what it actually teaches us. I don't even know
      what my religion belief in. (not everything at least) Sure I remember a
      lot of bible stories that was taught to me since I was little, but I
      never went deeper into it. That's why I refer to myself as lost and
      searching for the truth.

      2 years back I married my wife who's a Jehovah's witness, and I never
      really thought that different religions can be a problem. Big was my
      mistake when my wife and I one day started talking about her religion.
      She told me that should our children one day need blood, she would
      refuse. I don't believe in this and I hope the need for a blood
      transfusion never arises, otherwise I will be left with a mess. Should I
      then allow a blood transfusion I'm sure it will end up with us having a
      divorce. I say this because she also told me that if she had to choose
      between me or her religion, it won't be me, which would probably be the
      right thing to do.

      Anyway, I'll also be posting my questions pretty soon as this group
      seems to have members that's actually willing to help and that
      understands that there are other people out there, whether they believe
      in God or any god for that matter, that wants to find out more about
      Christianity. I tried joining a Jehovah's witness group but was refused.
      They just tell you to go to the Kingdom hall and ask the elders your
      questions if you really want to find answers. How helpful is that?

      Pieter

      Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have posted this question in four
      different groups. You are the only person who has explained things
      clearly, using examples I can relate to, along with scripture.

      I have been told either you believe God and Jesus are the same or
      you don't. I've been accused of trying to start trouble and not
      really believing in God because I simply had questions. I've had
      people re-type tons of scriptures I had already read, without
      further examples to help me. All the replies were evasive and
      unclear. No one has explained things to me in a manner that made
      sense until now.

      I prayed that God would send me an answer before I logged off of the
      computer tonight. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain
      things in such a clear, simple, and detailed manner. This
      explanation resonates with what I felt, but couldn't quite put into
      words since I'm new to the scriptures. What denomination are you?
      Jehovah witness? Other? Does your religion explain all aspects this
      clearly? I need to learn more. What type of bible should I purchase?

      Also, one last question, how does the devil compare to Jesus, since
      he was also created(is that the right term) by God? Did Jesus assist
      in the creation of the devil and the angels? Was the devil created
      originally with equal status as Jesus? If these questions sound a
      strange, please be patient with me, and remember that I'm new to all
      of this? I don't mean to ask questions that may be inappropriate.
      Thank you Be

    • believer200l
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1 7:27 AM
        Hi Peter,

        My past was a lot like yours. My family dabbled in all kinds of
        religions before eventually choosing one. Unfortunately, by then I
        was confused, and had strayed from the bible, so I never had a full
        understanding.

        I have read about the refusal of blood transfusions. Isn't there a
        substitute used for witnesses? I'm not sure if I could let a loved
        one die. I'll have to read more about that.

        I was also told I couldn't join a Yahoo group for jehovah witnesses.
        The owner was nice about everything, and explained it's a precaution
        to protect members and avoid people known as apostates. I think
        apostates are people who try to convert others from the bible. The
        group owner explained that if I can verify I'm studying and
        attending a Kingdom Hall for genuine answers, they will allow me to
        join. Oh well, this is going to be a journey for me. One bible but
        so many religions. Be

        -- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "Van Zyl
        Pieter" <Pieter.VanZyl@m...> wrote:

> [...]
        explain
        > things in such a clear, simple, and detailed manner. This
        > explanation resonates with what I felt, but couldn't quite put into
        > words since I'm new to the scriptures. What denomination are you?
        > Jehovah witness? Other? Does your religion explain all aspects this
        > clearly? I need to learn more. What type of bible should I
        purchase?

        > Also, one last question, how does the devil compare to Jesus, since
        > he was also created(is that the right term) by God? Did Jesus
        assist
        > in the creation of the devil and the angels? Was the devil created
        > originally with equal status as Jesus? If these questions sound a
        > strange, please be patient with me, and remember that I'm new to
        all
        > of this? I don't mean to ask questions that may be inappropriate.

        are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
        notify the system manager. This message contains confidential
        information and is intended only for the individual named. If you
        are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute
        or copy this e-mail.

      • believer200l
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2 1:20 PM
          Hi again Pieter,

          Good news! While browsing the JW website, I found a video which
          shows that there are blood transfusion alternatives JW's can use, so
          if the issue ever comes up with your wife and son, there is hope. :)
          Be

          http://www.watchtower.org/library/vcae/article_01.htm

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2 1:29 PM
            I should have said your children, instead of son. :) Be

            --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, believer200l