Re: POWER

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hello Ron
      With all due respect Jesus said "destroy this temple and I will raise
      it" John 2:19-21.
      Their is no mention made in the scriptures that after his
      resurrection he would "raise it up",rather he would raise it up after
      it was desroyed.
      Andy.--- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, reslight

      jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "donnellyvincent"
      > <donnellyvincent@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > FROM WISDOM4ME: See words in CAPITALS in below Scripture:
      > >

      > > FROM WISDOM4ME: Nothing.....except that He said He would raise
      His
      > > own body up in three days after He would be crucified.........:=))
    • Ronald
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 13, 2005
        Response to post 38468

        1 Peter 3:18 -- Westcott & Hort Interlinear
        hoti kai christos hapax peri hamartiwn apethanen
        BECAUSE EVEN CHRIST ONCE FOR ALL ABOUT SINS DIED,
        3754 2532 5547 0530 4012 0266 0599
        dikaios huper adikwn hina humas
        RIGHTEOUS (ONE) OVER UNRIGHTEOUS (ONES), IN ORDER THAT YOU
        1342 5228 0094 2443 4771_7
        prosagagee tw thew thanatwtheis men
        HE MIGHT LEAD TOWARD TO THE GOD, [HE] HAVING BEEN PUT TO DEATH INDEED
        4317 3588 2316 2289 3303
        sarki zwopoieetheis de pneumati
        TO FLESH HAVING BEEN MADE ALIVE BUT TO SPIRIT;
        4561 2227 1161 4151

        It should be apparent that if spirit made Jesus alive, then flesh put
        him to death. If God's spirit was instrument to make Jesus alive, then
        likewise, we would have to conclude that flesh in some way was the
        instrument of his death. I suppose one could work up an argument that
        it was fleshly people who killed him, and thus that it was in this
        manner that flesh put him to death, however, the Greek construction
        here does not appear to be saying this.

        In the Westcott and Hort text there are no prepositions "to", "in" or
        "by" nor any article either before flesh -- "sarki" -- or spirit --
        "pneumati". The word "in" ["by" or "to] is actually inserted by
        translators. Thus more literally it is "having been put to death:
        flesh, but made alive: spirit." Without an article, both flesh and
        spirit is qualitative, thus showing //what\\ Jesus //was-is\\ in both
        instances, not what put him to death or made him alive.

        The Textus Receptus reads:

        oti kai cristoV apax peri amartiwn epaqen dikaioV uper adikwn ina hmaV
        prosagagh tw qew qanatwqeiV men sarki zwopoihqeiV de tw pneumati

        The Textus Receptus does add the preposition "tw" -- "to" -- before
        spirit, which would give it a basic literal translation as: "having
        been put to death: flesh, but made alive: to spirit". This confirms
        that Jesus was being alive to spirit (qualitative), that it was to a
        spirit condition that he became, which agrees with 1 Corinthians 15:
        45: "The last Adam became a life-giving spirit."

        Romans 8:11, Westcott & Hort Interlinear
        ei de to pneuma tou egeirantos ton ieesoun
        IF BUT THE SPIRIT OF THE (ONE) HAVING RAISED UP THE JESUS
        1487 1161 3588 4151 3588 1453 3588 2424
        ek nekrwn oikei en humin ho egeiras
        OUT OF DEAD (ONES) IS DWELLING IN YOU, THE (ONE) HAVING RAISED UP
        1537 3498 3611 1722 4771_6 3588 1453
        ek nekrwn christon ieesoun zwopoieesei kai ta
        OUT OF DEAD (ONES) CHRIST JESUS WILL MAKE ALIVE ALSO THE
        1537 3498 5547 2424 2227 2532 3588
        thneeta swmata humwn dia tou enoikountos autou
        MORTAL BODIES OF YOU THROUGH THE INDWELLING OF HIM
        2349 4983 4771_5 1223 3588 1774 0846_3
        pneumatos en humin
        SPIRIT IN YOU.
        4151 1722 4771_6

        The Greek of Romans 8:11 is different from 1 Peter 3:18, in that the
        word "spirit" does have an article in the first instance, and is
        definite, and is qualified by "him" in the second instance, showing
        that it is referring to the God's spirit dwelling in the believer that
        will make the mortal body alive. This "making alive" referred to here,
        is, of course, not referring to the body that the Christian is to
        receive in the last day when raised from the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:
        37,38) The atoms and molecules of our present body will not be
        reassembled and made alive at the resurrection day.

        Earlier Paul speaks of reckoning alive to Christ. (Romans 6:11)
        However, what Paul is referring to in Romans 8:11 is more than the
        initinal reckoning of justification, since it is spoken of a something
        that is to happen. Thus, with the indwelling of the holy spirit, the
        indication is that its effect on our mortal flesh is to bring it more
        and more in harmony with righteousness and life. None of us, when we
        begin our Christian walk, has developed a perfect faith. We begin as
        "babes in Christ," and have to develop the fruits of the spirit in our
        lives more and more, so that we may grow thereby. (1 Corinthians 3:1;
        1 Peter 1:1-11; 2:2) Thus our faith has to be perfected, and along
        with our faith, our bodies are reckoned more and more as being alive.
        It is only when one has developed by means of God's spirit to the
        point that he can actually have perfection of faith (1 Thessalonians
        3:10; James 1:4) so that he his mortal body can be conformed to Jesus'
        death, that one can be counted as having reached the mark of the prize
        of the high calling. (Philippians 3:9-14) Thus, Paul tells the
        consecrated Christians to "to present your bodies a living sacrifice,
        holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service." -- Romans
        12:1

        1 Corinthians 15:42 - So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is
        sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption.
        1 Corinthians 15:43 - It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory.
        It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.
        1 Corinthians 15:44 - It is sown a natural body; it is raised a
        spiritual body. There is a natural body and there is also a spiritual
        body.

        Paul speaks of the resurrection of the dead; only those who qualify as
        joint-heirs (Romans 8:17) with Christ actually can be said in this
        life to attain the resurrection of the dead. (Philippians 3:11) Paul,
        at the time he wrote to the Philippians, stated, in effect, that he
        had not yet obtained the perfection necessary for this resurrection.
        (Philippians 3:12-14) It is to the resurrection of this class that
        Paul speaks in 1 Corinthians 15:42-44 (except for the last phrase).
        Paul had just spoken of various kinds of glory in bodies, both
        heavenly and earthly. He does not blend the various glories but shows
        that each kind of body has its own glory, whether heavenly or earthly.
        The human earthly glory is not seen today in its fullness because of
        sin (Romans 3:23), thus the human creation, having sinful flesh
        (Romans 8:3), is in bondage to a condition of corruption. (Romans 8:
        23) The seed is sown in those who attain the resurrection is sown
        while they are in this corruptible condition as far as the flesh is
        concerned, but it is raised in an condition of incorruption; it is
        sown in a dishonorable condition, but it is raised in a glorious
        condition; the seed is sown a natural [physical] body, and it is
        raised a spiritual body. This completes the description of those who
        "attain the resurrection." But Paul adds, still speaking of what body
        one is raised in (1 Corinthians 15:35): "There is a natural [physical]
        body and there is also a spiritual body."

        There is nothing in 1 Corinthians 15:52 about our physical bodies
        being changed, as some have assumed. It is true that the joint-heirs
        will be changed from a physical body to a spiritual body; others will
        be changed from a corrupt physical body to the glory of an incorrupt
        physical body. Paul had already stated that our present bodies are not
        what we will have when raised from the dead, but that God will give us
        a body when raised. -- 1 Corinthians 15:35-38.

        See posts 30064; 30065; 30066; 30067; 30068
        http://reslight.com/whatbody.html
        http://reslight.com/resurrectionmanner.html
        http://reslight.com/life.html

        Christian love,
        Ronald

        --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa"
        <eternity39us@y...> wrote:
        > --- My understanding of 1 Peter 3:18 is Jesus was put to death in
        the
        > flesh, but made alive by the spirit; The spirit here I believe is
        > referring to God's
        >
        > Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead
        > dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also
        > quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
        >
        > Jhn 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to
        > the Son to have life in himself;
        >
        > Jhn 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth
        > [them]; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
        >
        > 1 Cor 15:44 is simply saying the physical body is sown/buried and
        the
        > body is quickened by the Spirit of God, made alive and changed as
        our
        > bodies will be.
        >
        > 1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last
        trump:
        > for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised
        > incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
        >
        > Jesus was raised incorruptible from the grave and he was changed.
        He