Re: God and the ab question again

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 98 , Aug 1, 2003
      Ryck, Father and Son are inseperable; Father as Spirit and Son as
      flesh. In 100% harmony with each other, never a difference in unity,
      never in disagreement, not even 1% X 10^-7. There is no way to
      seperate the two, there is no way to come to God except by Him, They
      both set on the throne.

      Since the Holy Ghost has not been as fully revealed as Father and Son
      I have nothing to add here.

      Ed

      Ryck, I'm repeating myself

      There is no asumption in saying God is one, as it is written, Isaiah
      43:6 "beside me there is no God"

      Mark 12:32And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said
      the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

      Romans 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the
      circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

      James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the
      devils also believe, and tremble.

      There is no assumption God is one as it is written.

      I am thinking it is implied in many many other verses Ryck. So it is
      a good starting point. I'm thinking we should drop the assumption and
      go by the book. Can you go with that Ryck?

      Jesus was quoted as saying: "I and my Father are one" Ryck, can any
      man but Jesus say that? "he that hath seen me has seen the Father" "
      no one can come to the father except by me" "God is Spirit" he was
      interupted here but continued "I that speaketh unto thee am he" can
      you say it is Mere coincidence many many verses infer that jesus is
      God?

      PATRICIA (post # 3814) gave a sampling of such verses the other day.

      The verse "the second man is the Lord from heaven" How do you read
      that ryck? that the Lord is an angel? just musing here ryck. forgot
      you question got to read it again. Actually i dont think I could
      explain it any more than below ryck.

      Ed

      Ryck, I, will give it a shot. Starting with:

      > A. Start with the assumption that God is one, and then attempt to
      explain > how God can be three

      Scripture says "God is Spirit" (singular) as opposed to spirits
      (God), not Gods. In the OT God plainly said in Is 43:6 "beside me
      there is no God". This does confirm God is one.

      That takes care of "A". Now I'll try B:

      > B. Begin with the assumption that God is three, and then attempt to
      explain > in what way God can be one?

      I'll start by asking if you mean 3 God's? How could you mean that
      Ryck, when it has been established God is one? Ok, you dont mean 3
      Gods so what do you mean Ryck? Do you mean God can't be one and be
      the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost? You mean God cant have a
      body which is Human, flesh, countable as a distinct entity from
      Spirit, Father and Son, first and second entities of the God head.

      Are you implying by these questions God can not be both Father, and
      Son, yet be the Same God? Wish I knew the purpose of your questions
      ryck.

      By His Grace
      Ed
    • internetroll