Re: Only by the spirit can you believe Jesus came in the flesh

  • tlkreese
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 5:07 AM
      It is helpful to study the offshoots of Christianity that were
      developing in the later half of the 1st century in order to
      understand what John and also Peter and Paul were warning believers
      about.

      Specifically Gnosticism. This belief system was drawing away the
      most believers and corrupting the congregations from within. 3 major
      works have survived from this movement: the Nag Hammadi, the Holy 12,
      and the Essene Gospel of Peace. A review of their beliefs shows how
      subtle a divergence from the true Gospel can lead someone into error.
      Other works from the time also show false teachings regarding Christ
      such as the Gospel of Thomas. Ideas such as Jesus surviving his
      execution-not really dead-then living on and marrying, having
      children etc..

      Paul addresses the specific issue that had been circulating about
      When Jesus starts the resurrection of the faithful. Many in Corinth
      believed it was already occuring in their time, 1Thessalonians 4 sets
      the matter correctly.

      All JCWs and Bible Students confess that Jesus resided among us in
      the flesh and paid the Ransom for all on Calvary, 1 Corinthians 15.

      In Christ

      Donn

      --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "welwyn_guy"
      <welwyn_guy@y...> wrote:
      > 1John 4:2 & 2John 1:7
      > Ok firstly it does not say that Jesus is God, no where in this
      text,
      > So I'm not posting this as a proof text, but there is something
      quite
      > interesting about John's statements.
      > Lets see how they read first.
      >
      > 1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that
      > confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
      >
      > 2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do
      not
      > confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and
      > an antichrist.
      >
      > As i was reading this i could not quite understand what John was
      > saying because many people believe Jesus came in the flesh like
      > muslims hindus even Jews, then you have just about every christian
      > denomination as well as pseudo christian cults. Even many athiests
      > acknowledge Jesus's existence. Does this mean that all these people
      > have the Spirit of God in them? I think Jw's as well as us BG
      > christians would both agree it can't be so.
      >
      > Then i got to thinking, what if John meant that Jesus came in the
      > flesh as God. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
      > right there you can rule out the athiests and muslims hindus Jews
      > mormons JW's etc. Some believe he did come as a God but not The God.
      >
      > I began to realise that only born again christians understand and
      > acknowledge this with a passion and it fits nicely along with Pauls
      > words in 1 Corinthians 12:3 .......Therefore I make known to you
      > that ......no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy
      > Spirit.
      >
      > interesting thoughts
      > blessings
      > andy
    • Teresa
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 9:22 AM
        --- Your wave of thoughts indeed, makes perfect sense. You get so
        many arguments so many explaination that denies that Jesus is not God
        in the flesh, but the Bible tells me the Word became flesh, God was
        manifested in the flesh, and Immanuel, God is with us.

        So your thoughts are right on point.