Re: I've been thinking

  • rickwrightjw
    Message 1 of 46 , Jan 1, 2005
      Please let me add this, I agree that the unity between JWs is great,
      but let me please also say that it's not unique to JWs.
      You say "she didn't offer the names of any groups of people that can
      match the unity and instant love and friendship enjoyed amongst
      Jehovah's people."..
      That statement is very incorrect. I am part of a group of churches
      who's vision is Matt 28:19 and they encourage "going to all the
      nations of the world" and in that there is such unity you'll never
      imagine.
      It's not just that we can go and "have instant family" we are
      encouraged to go and visit others in other countries.
      They organize "training times" in other countries and people go all
      the time, they even help those who can't afford to get there out
      just so they can go.

      All I'm saying is that the JWs cannot claim that they're the only
      ones.
      In fact I've got friends doing mission work on other countries form
      1st world to 3rd world countries and they all say that they get
      people coming over for months at a time to help out.

      Sorry to take that away from Powerdog, but again you can't point
      fingers at others when you've never seen them in practice. You keep
      saying "nobody does it like the JWs" you're wrong! Everybody does it
      and has been doing it for longer.
      You've lived in a JW bubble and not seen what the rest of the
      Christian world are up to.

      I've said it before, JWs believe what they WTBTS tell them about
      Christians, only when I left the JWs did I see they spoke rubbish.
      Christianity is not a religion of trying to push that religion (
      like JW is ) it's a lifestyle that concentrates on "going and making
      disciples of the people of the nations, baptizing them in the name
      of the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit" ( Mat 28:19 )

      --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, powerdog68
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > I have brought this out before Donn, I can literaly go anywhere on
      > earth and have instant family and friends. And while there are kind
      > people everywhere, what JWs have is truly unique in all the world,
      > despite what Bobbi says. You will notice she didn't offer the
      names of
      > any groups of people that can match the unity and instant love and
      > friendship enjoyed amongst Jehovah's people.
      >

      > --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "tlkreese"
      > <tlkreese@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes there are wonderful persons all over the world. But you
      said we
      > > were a bunch of hateful hurtful people. That is not true.
      > >
      > > I could travel to any country in the world and be received
      into the
      > > homes of my brethren and have. We have persons living with us
      now
      > > who needed a place to live, we are glad to open our home to them.
      > >
      > > The bad apples among us we try to help first but if they persist
      we
      > > follow Rev.1:11-3:22. Its not perfect nor will it be, be we
      care and
      > > try under the blessings of Jesus our Lord and Saviour.
      > >
      > > Donn
      > >

      > > --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "Bobbi
      Walker"
      > > <hanaleihome@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > This behavior is not unique to Jehovah's Witnesses as JW's
      claim.
      > > > There are others who show love just as much as this and even
      > > greater
      > > > in and out of churches and in all walks of life. There are
      people
      > > > who are pagan without the knowledge of Even Christ who have
      stood
      > > > between their friend and a bullet. When was the last time you
      did
      > > > thisSignedBobbiWalker.
      > > >
      > > > --- In jehovahswitnessesgathering@yahoogroups.com, "tlkreese"

      > > > the