Re: [jeanharlow] photo of the day

  • Ace Collins
    Message 1 of 1192 , Feb 23 7:02 AM
      My favorites have always been Libeled Lady, Bombshell and Wife Vs. Secretary, but still love China Seas.  Yes it was a formula flick, but it combined elements that pulled me in and kept my eyes on the screen.
      Ace Collins

      http://www.acecollins.com

      18 Timber Ridge Circle
      Arkadelphia, Arkansas 71923
      870-230-1710 (home/office)
      254-644-2222 (cell)

      On Feb 23, 2012, at 8:58 AM, Keith Burrows wrote:

      I agree with you, Ace. It isn't (in my humble opinion) her best FILM, but it is funny, enjoyable, exciting and Harlean is a standout as always. The wig is a bit disconcerting, but fits her "glamorous" character as China Doll as stated by Sybil, played by the wonderful Rosalind Russell. I find it fascinating how writer's of the day got around the Hayes Code which so restricted films, but this film was definitely a clever one. The Code must have caused the writers of the day to really stretch themselves & they did a very good job with this film.

      regards,

      Keith

      Message 1192 of 1192 , Mar 22, 2015
        You are welcome!

        Hugs,
        Stacey

        On Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:22 PM, "bmaribeth@... [jeanharlow]" <jeanharlow@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hey, that's one that is different from the others taken at the same time, I haven't seen it before!    Thanks for sharing!

        Sent from my iPad

        On Mar 19, 2015, at 11:11 PM, "Michael Nelson mnozbourne@... [jeanharlow]" <jeanharlow@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hugs,
        Stacey